Name an evergreen sweet treat that is loved by people of every age. We’re sure the first name that popped up for many of you must be “muffins”. Whether it’s a child, a teen, an adult or an elderly, everyone loves eating muffins and devouring its soft and moist taste.
No matter where, there is a basic list of ingredients that are used to bake muffins everywhere in the world. Similarly there is a certain muffin baking temperature celsius and time that is universally used to bake the finest quality muffins. For people confused about how to make perfect muffins, follow the recipe given below.
What are the Ingredients used in a basic muffin recipe?
Eggs: 1 beaten
Milk of any variety: 1 ½ cup
Vegetable oil: ¼ cup
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
Granulated sugar: ½ cup
All purpose flour: 1 ½ cup
Baking powder: 2 tsp
Salt: ½ tsp
Instructions to make the perfect muffins:
- First of all, prepare your pan and preheat the oven: Arrange a baking tray in the middle of your oven and set the muffin baking temperature celsius to 375°F. Set a muffin pan of 12 standard muffins wells with paper liners and grease the wells with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: Take all the dry ingredients including the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk them together in a large bowl. Set aside when done.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl: Now take the wet ingredients including the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla, pour them in a medium bowl and whisk until they emulsify.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones: Now gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix them carefully spatula until combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps left.
- Mix in any extra mix-ins: If you’re adding a flavour to your muffins, fold in the ingredients carefully like fruit chunks, chocolate chips, or nuts gently until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the pan and bake: Pour the batter prepared into the muffin wells, but only about 1/3 cup of batter per well. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes till they are golden brown and insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to inspect. If the stick comes out clean, your muffins are all ready to be served.
How to Make Muffins Moist and Fluffy?
Muffins are loaded with high-fiber ingredients which makes it essential for them to have a moist and tender taste. High fiber ingredients taste the worst when dry because these ingredients tend to be “thirsty,” and absorb moisture from your batter. Many people often ask what ingredients make muffins moist, for all such people, here’s the answer. The trick is to let your batter cool for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator once it’s mixed; then slightly add milk or other liquids until it’s back to its original texture. This results in giving more time for the batter’s gluten to relax, softening the muffins’ crumb which subsequently results in a moist and tender taste.